From Matching Food and Wine by Michel Roux Jr
18 (350gms) tiger prawns
6 tbsp vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves
2 tsp clear honey
1 tsp Madras curry powder
Juice of 2 limes
Juice of 1 lemon
2 Granny Smith apples
3 little gem lettuce
1 bunch chives
Salt and pepper
1.Shell and de-vein the prawns. Smear them with a little oil and season, then cook briefly on a hot grill until pink but still juicy.
2. To make the dressing, crush the garlic in a mortar or blender and mix to a paste with the rest of the oil and the honey and curry powder. Add the lime juice and half of the lemon juice.
3. Cut the apples into matchstick-size pieces and place in cold water with the remaining lemon juice to keep them white.
4. Cut the lettuce into manageable pieces and the chives into matchsticks.
5. Toss the apples, lettuce and chives in the dressing.
6. Season well and serve with the prawns on top.
Michel Roux Jr suggests a Riesling Kabinett (off-dry), Chilean Sauvignon Blanc or Vinho Verde to accompany the salad. I think any equally refreshing sparkling wine with fruity notes would work too.
Bernkasteler Kurfurstlay, (Riesling-Kabinett), Mosel, Qmp, Germany, 2011, MYR62