Jamie’s 30 minute meals
(noted from the TV episode)
Mixed lettuce leaves and Rocket
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Juice of 1 Lemon
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
12 slices of Pancetta/Smoked Bacon
1. Mix the leaves and rocket in a bowl.
2. Half the grapes and place over the leaves.
3. Fry the pancetta until crispy in a good glug of extra virgin olive oil and the crushed garlic.
4. Remove the bacon from the pan and discard about half the cooking oil.
5. Add the juice of 1 lemon to the cooking oil and 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
6. Add the bacon to the leaves and drizzle the warm dressing over the salad.
(I served this with Jamie’s Lemon & Herb Pasta)
The wines tasted with this recipe are listed in the Advanced Italy & Spain Lesson. The freshness and citrus flavours of the white wines on offer were delightful with the pasta. The smokiness of the bacon pleased the red wine drinkers as both wines had smokey elements. The food and wine combination worked very well in fact and is a nice weekend lunch/supper option. Tiramisu for dessert didn’t upset anyone either!
Cuatro Rayas (Verdejo), Rueda DO, Spain, 2011, M&S, MYR65