One of Jamie Oliver’s 30 minute meals
(noted from the TV episode)
500g of Fresh Tagliatelle or Paperdelle
1.5 Lemons (juice & zest)
150g grated Parmesan (25g reserved for serving)
Coarse sea salt flakes, Pepper
2 egg yolks
6 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Bag of Basil leaves
1. Whisk egg yolks with parmesan and olive oil. Add the lemon juice (reserving zest for serving) and season with s&p.
2. In a pestle and mortar crush 7-8 basil leaves with the salt and add to the sauce.
3. Boil pasta for about 3 minutes in salted water.
4. When cooked immediately transfer with a pair of tongs to the sauce, including some cooking water tossing the pasta until fully coated.
5. Serve with some fresh basil leaves, lemon zest remaining parmesan.
(I served this with Jamie’s Pancetta & Grape Salad)
The wines tasted with this recipe are listed in the Advanced Italy & Spain Lesson. The freshness and citrus flavours of the white wines on offer were delightful with the pasta. The smokiness of the bacon pleased the red wine drinkers as both wines had smokey elements. The food and wine combination worked very well in fact and is a nice weekend lunch/supper option. Tiramisu for dessert didn’t upset anyone either!
Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi DOC, Italy, Santa Barbara Winery for M&S, 2010, MYR65