From “Weightwatchers ProPoints”
Serves 4, 2 ProPoints each if you are counting………
1 large onion. chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon curry powder
2 medium carrots, chopped
150g butternut squash, chopped
1 medium courgette, chopped
1L vegetable stock
2 tbsps tomato puree
75g lentils, split red
1 pinch salt & black pepper
2 tbsps fresh coriander, chopped
1. Heat a large saucepan and spray then gently fry the onion and garlic for 2-3 mins.
2. Add the curry powder and fry gently for a few seconds, stirring constantly.
3. Add the carrots, butternut squash and courgette. Pour in the stock, tomato puree and lentils.
4. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 mins, partially covered, until the veg and lentils are tender.
5. Stir in the coriander and season to taste. Blend to your preferred level of texture.
There was a lot of de-toxing at the beginning of the year, I felt the need for a starter that would pack some punch without the calories. This worked perfectly. We tasted a Riesling and Gewurztraminer in our March Wine Club which were very nice accompaniments